Monday, February 25, 2008

to sleep, perchance to dream

OK, Chapter 137 in Jamie's Crazy Dream Diary:

This morning I woke up and remembered my dream in hazy bits and pieces. Some little snatches included:

  • working at DFW airport,
  • my boy Blake working there too, and when I went to pick him up for lunch he was in a physical therapy session, in his office, in a hot tub full of bubbles,
  • being chased down the hallway by a squeaky grocery cart that no one was pushing and I couldn't run,
  • getting from floor to floor in my "office" via slide (I have no idea how we went back up),
  • Blake's car being parked on a street called Chimera Way,
  • cauliflower in the ice machine,
  • drinking red Hi-C, with cauliflower in it, natch
  • someone looking for the British me. Who, I tried to tell them, really does exist. Uncle Al met her.

Seriously, I think I should be studied. And although I don't quite remember it, the dream had a very linear storyline to it, and when I got to the denouement, my dream self thought, "whew! I'm so glad that wrapped up before my alarm; now I can get some rest!" and.... then my alarm went off.

Oh, and a couple of days ago I had a dream I was pregnant, and I was scared of the labor. TERRIFIED. Like, to the point of crying to the doctor that I wasn't ready and to please not make me have this baby. I think dreaming you are pregnant symbolizes some new idea or occurence in your life, so I wonder what is coming up that I am going to be wary to accomplish?

Weirdo.

1 comment:

Desperately Desperate said...

The grocery store cart scares me the most. It's the squeak that gives me chills.

I tried to publish your comment about NY to me, but it didn't go up and then erased. I wanted to publish because you're right.

I was in a mood when I wrote that. LOL