Friday, February 15, 2008

I am the Walrus.

So, this week has suuuuuuuucked. I don't even want to talk about it. But the one shining star in this craphole of a week was that my friend Cyn got Ashley and me comp tickets to see LOVE at the Mirage. I have no words for how much I loved it. It was AMAZING. Of course you're not allowed to take photos in the show, but it was one of the most intricate, beautiful displays of theatrical dance, acrobatics, and grandeur I've ever seen- and set to BEATLES music, are you kidding me? Wow. I would gladly fork over $108 to see it again. Plus it's kind of an inside full-circle thing with Ashley and happened 4 days after her birthday, so it was all in all a really special Valentine event.

So, here's about two minutes as a glimpse... the filming doesn't do it even a little bit of justice, but my favorite scenes are mostly in the 2nd half-- Within You/Without You with the bedsheet tent thing- literally, a tent-sized sheet came out of a normal sized bed and covered the ENTIRE orchestra section of the audience. I usually hate audience involvement but I've never seen anything quite like it... then Help! with the rollerbladers, Revolution with the trampolines, and An Octupus's Garden with that beautiful, breathtaking jellyfish thing. OH, and While My Guitar Gently Weeps. And the Lady Madonna meets Stomp! dance in yellow Wellies. And For the Benefit of Mr. Kite. OK, yeah, I can't decide- I loved every moment.

Here's a longer one if you're interested- about 10 minutes. Koo-koo-katchoo!

4 comments:

Dannybrou said...

I have also seen Love at the mirage and Loved it just as much as you did! =) I have to say..it was pretty amazing.

krysten said...

27 days!!!!!!!!

:-D

Dannybrou said...

2 things. a) I hate my mensa calendar because I think it is hard. haha and b) what is your favorite kind of tea...I am just curious.

Anonymous said...

That picture of you guys is AWESOME!