Monday, December 10, 2007

ok folks, back to yule

OK, so, sorry it's been so long since I've said hello. I can't believe I haven't updated since Thanksgiving, but it always happens that when I have something worth blogging about, I'm way too busy with said activity to actually sit down and tell you about it, and when I have the time to spend, then there is nothing going on to tell.

Sooo, since Thanksgiving, I have: come in 3rd place at Power Jack's Monday Night Pop Culture Trivia Challenge (working my way up from dead last), given up forever on butternut squash and made some truly stellar tomato soup, hand-crafted a Star of David out of popsicle sticks for my friend Blake's "I Love Christmas and Jews" Christmas tree-slash-Hannukah bush, booked a ski trip, got a visit from Scotty and KJ:



lost my favorite scarf, been attacked by a rather cheeky squirrel in Golden Gate Park, made a new friend, bought a piece of pizza for a homeless man, joined Bay Area Mensa, walked on the beach, had multiple houseguests, broke my vacuum cleaner, thrown pretty much the best Christmas party I have ever had, and watched possibly the worst movie in the history of the universe.

You have to see it. It's an ABC Family Original called Holiday in Handcuffs, starring Melissa Joan Hart, Mario "A.C. Slater" Lopez, and Markie Post- and I swear, it is the most horrible movie I have ever seen in my whole life- and yes, that does include Just my Luck with Lindsay Lohan.

Seriously, you guys should check it out. There's a kidnapping, a gay brother, a drunk grandmother, a bitchy fiancee, a running Oreo gag, the unfortunate usage of the word "boink," and everyone learning the true meaning of love, communication, and acceptance in under 2 hours.... Now that's what I call Christmas!!!

6 comments:

Desperately Desperate said...

That movie sounds AWESOMELY bad. I have to see it now. I had to get photos for it for my magazine.
Glad youre back!

Anonymous said...

It was good to see you, J! Thank you for memorializing the beard. Since bankers don't have beards, it has been shaven clean off.
In a separate e-mail, maybe you can let me in on some secrets of your party success, since I think we'll be hosting for the entrance of the New Year.
Cheers.

krysten said...

but OH! Mario Lopez's dimples!!

geez. sorry about the butternut squash. you should try orangette's garbanzo and butternut salad though....just one more try, it's so good.

Anonymous said...

ha! roommate Sarah and I totally watched Holiday in Handcuffs last night...and it was horribly cheesy yet we couldn't change the channel.
p.s. as soon as I find a box, you'll be getting Christmas in the mail!

Anonymous said...

OKAY ALL YOU BAD MOVIE FREAKS!

Set your Tivos... Holiday in Handcuffs is on again this Saturday at 6 PM EST.

If I say "I know what I'm doing Saturday night", how lame does that make me?

iamchanelle said...

woah, girl. you sure know how to pack a post!
i want to know more about this best Christmas party you have ever had, yo. details! detailssssss!