Tuesday, November 25, 2008

your call is very important to us. it will be answered in the order in which it was received.

I've been on hold for 26 minutes. So far. I've moved from caller #67 to caller #19 in that time period. Apparently my estimated time is now 18 minutes.

For the last 26 minutes, I have been listening to the same song. Seriously? I mean, it's a good song ("This Old Heart of Mine," by the Isley Brothers-- the real thing; not the muzak version) but seriously? Is this part of their grand scheme to make you hang up?

Blurg. Thanksgiving prep underway. Last night I got the remainder of my groceries except the spiced cider, which I have to pick up tomorrow (as well as another bottle of whiskey... not sure what happened to the one I bought last week, except that it's hot toddy weather!) I prepped some of my veggies and made my pumpkin ice cream. I need my roommate to try it and tell me if it's any good (I don't like pumpkin). If it is, I will post the recipe soon.

Double feature Tuesday and today the theme is vampires. Twilight and then some Danish vampire movie that my friend Seth wants to see. That's if we can get from the multiplex to the arthouse in a timeframe that allows us to see them both. If not, the theme will be movies from best-sellers, and the 2nd movie will be The Secret Life of Bees. Shouldn't it be "the secret LIVES of bees"?

Gotta go. I'm caller #8.

5 comments:

Patrick said...

Ebert says the Danish vampire movie is much better. Double features are awesome. That is all.

Bee said...

Hope you enjoy Twilight. Not a fan of vampires AT.ALL, but my 15 year old self came out and loved the movie. Oh Edward, you are so full of ANGST. : )

The Bagboy said...

I assume you're talking about Let the Right One In. It's actually Swedish, and it's BRILLIANT. Haunting and sad and beautiful all at once. I hope you liked it.

hello jamie: said...

I was talking about Let the Right One In! It was very pretty and interesting. Twilight was well... a very honest book-to-movie translation. If you liked the book, you will probably like the movie. If you didn't like the book, you will not like the movie for the exact same reasons.

And Patrick, I really love Roger Ebert. I agree with him probably 90% of the time. I admire a movie critic who just obviously really likes movies, and can judge you know, Role Models for being Role Models, and not as though it was stretching for Casablanca or something. (I haven't seen Role Models; it was just an example.) I've read EW for years and am really sick of Glieberman and Schwartzbaum; they don't like anything!

Tom said...

OH MYGOD! You saw LET THE RIGHT ONE IN?!?!?

My jealousy levels are skyrocketing.