Sunday, January 06, 2008

that's our Jamie!

Well folks, I seem to be back in the land of the living. I got my hair cut, so I feel more like my old self. Seriously, next time I say to any one of you, "I think I'm going to grow my hair out long again," just please, remind me, I always hate it. I just look better with shorter hair. Period. The end.

I got a new job, of sorts, which is pretty frackin' sweet. I'm doing a work-trade program at the Inner Sunset Bikram studio. I go in a couple of times a week, work the desk for 30 minutes signing people in and such, then after class, wipe down the mirrors, mop the floor, and throw some towels in the washer. In exchange? All the yoga I can do. Translation? About $130/month. It's sort of killing two or three birds with one stone, so to speak, since it gives me something to do when I'm home (idle hands, you know), saves me some money, and I'm back in yoga! I love it. Bonus: one of my sometime job responsibilities is to walk Sailor, the 5-lb black teacup poodle with the rastafari hairdo. Pet therapy!

I'm leaving on Tuesday night for Boston. Two days of work and 5 days of play with my pal Ashley. I am really looking forward to it. Movie update: I finally saw The Departed yesterday, and yes, it is as good as everyone says it is, and then tonight I saw Juno and even though I went in a little jaded, it warmed my little cold shriveled heart. Truly, I loved it. Can Allison Janney do no wrong?

2 comments:

iamchanelle said...

congrats on the PERFECT new job!
you can't go wrong with yoga and a rastafarian dog. word.

Loretta said...

sounds like a good move -- hair and job. 'hope your holidays were holidayishly good. let's catch up again soon.