Saturday, July 30, 2005

Sleepless in Sin City

Greetings, my wholesome (and not so wholesome) friends, from Sin City, where you can drink, smoke, and gamble 24 hours a day, or get a hooker to your hotel room for $39 in 15 minutes or less. (I only know about that last one from the breasty flyers they've been leaving on our rental car. Really.)

Truly, this week has been one of the worst experiences of my career. The details are too dull to elaborate, but suffice it to say that if the moment hasn't been ACTUALLY sucking, it was either just finished sucking, or about to start sucking. I went in at 8am this morning and worked... HARD... until 11pm. And now I'm all wired and worked up and can't go to sleep, even though I have to be up in 6 hours to do it all over again. The worst part is that we signed a 3-year contract for 2 shows a year. *sob*

This week's hours have reminded me of my 8-month moonlighting stint with the Barnes & Noble Cafe. Do you guys remember that? How on earth did I do it? Well, I was only 25 for one thing. It hurts more now. I used to work 8-5 and 6-midnight 3x/week. Ugh. Then I'd get home and be crazy awake (which birthed my VERY unscientific hypothesis that you can absorb caffeine through your skin) and end up with about 4 hours of sleep.

So, a lot of you have been asking for pictures of my new haircut. I've posted 2 pictures of my friend Marci and me, taken exactly a week apart. It's like a whole different person. Hope you guys like it as much as I do. Going to pressure sleep. Love, J.

Kif_2335

Kif_2348

No comments: