Tuesday, July 12, 2005

I miss Friends.

Yes, I miss you guys. But also, the TV show. Several months ago, my friend Gen and I were discussing some of our favorite Friends moments (the one where the girls lost the apartment, when Chandler had to spend Thanksgiving in the box because he kissed Joey's girlfriend, the entire season of "but they don't know we know they know we know!"), and how it kind of tapered off at the end of the series. But then we remembered this awesome Chandler-Joey scene from season 8, when he thought he had a crush on Rachel. Gen located it on the web and e-mailed it to me, and I giggled like an idiot just reading it. It's probably not half as funny if you haven't seen it, but the comedic interaction between these two actors is spot-on.

Joey: (entering) Hey, Chandler, you got a minute? I- I really need to talk to you.
Chandler: Oh! Uh, yeah! Is this a cold pizza talk or a leftover meatloaf talk?
Joey: Well, neither.
Chandler: Oh my God, what’s up?!
Joey: I don’t know. It’s- it’s just…lately, I’ve been feeling… Okay, here’s what it is… You know what? I feel a lot better, thanks! (Starts to leave)
Chandler: Oh no-no-no, no you don’t, just come back.
Joey: All right. Okay. You and Monica, friends for a long time, and sure, there are rules, but then you went to London. Oh, no, but that’s different. I mean, there are rules there, too! You know what I mean?
Chandler: Do YOU?
Joey: It was different for you guys! I mean, I mean, you were both in the same place, right?
Chandler: In London?
Joey: Yeah.
Chandler: Yes. When Monica and I were in London, we were both in London.
Joey: You know what? This is a bad idea. Forget it. Forget it, and listen, do me a favor, this conversation was between you and me.
Chandler: If that.

No comments: