Wednesday, January 16, 2008

sicky-poo

Well, kids, I'm back home. It's warmer than Boston (also warmer than when I left SF last week) and for that I am grateful. I even had to take the extra blanket off my bed! Yay! Work was mind-numbing but nice to see everyone, and then my 4 days with Ashley turned into SickFest 2008- we both laid on respective couches in varying levels of fever, sore throat, and sinuses, mixing cocktails and cold medicine with reckless abandon while watching Alias Season 5. And trust me- you need to be drugged to watch that crap. UGH.

Only home for a couple of days- need to get busy on straightening up my world today-- mail and cleaning and whatnot, so tomorrow I can do some laundry and put in a shift at the yoga studio before leaving for San Jose on Friday. February will be busier than I anticipated (or wanted) but whaddya gonna do? Up and at 'em, George McFadden- I need to go to the market so I can whip up something saucy for Brian's birthday on Friday (which I will celebrate Thursday at midnight since Friday is my travel day).

Movie update: We watched 2 really REALLY dated computer movies at Ashley's-- Hackers, which might be one of the most horrific movies I have ever seen, but got the "+" for including Angelina and first hubby Johnny Lee Miller, Fischer Stevens, Lorraine Bracco, Jesse Bradford, Matthew Lillard, AND Felicity Huffman, and The Wizard, which is all its awesomeness, surprised me with Jenny Lewis!! I never put two and two together before- but she was all over the map in the 80s- including Ben's first kiss on Growing Pains. Oh, and a glimpse of pre-pubescent Tobey Maguire in a mullet. Simply stunning.

ETA: There was also a late-night viewing of Fido, possibly the randomest zombie movie ever made, and I finally saw Ratatouille on the airplane, and I loved it.

3 comments:

iamchanelle said...

eeek - i agree about alias season five. wha' happened there?

and i sure hope you are on the mend, sheesh. i feel slightly light-headed after reading this post! i need a nap. no wait, YOU need a nap.

:)

Anonymous said...

I used to love Hackers back in middle school--ha!

Anonymous said...

Alias - Season Five has a few stellar moments. Definitely the worst of the five, don't get me wrong. But there are some great moments in there that I love. The Marshall-centric episodes, the strange-yet-intriguing foray into horror they experimented with, and let's not forget Jack killing himself to seal immortal Sloane underground forever.

I'll take Alias-Season Five over half the stuff network TV has thrown at us this year.