Saturday, July 14, 2007

doot-doo-doot-doo-doo-doo-doo

My surgery went OK on Friday. I got three moles removed: one on my forehead (goodbye, blue freckle!), one on my sternum, and one on my upper thigh. I got to watch the one on my thigh and it was pretty gross. She used a little tool that looked like an tiny apple corer, and pulled a plug of my body out. I could see it, but I couldn't feel it, and it was really, really weird.

For some reason, I'm having a lot of pain in the incision on my sternum. I'm not sure if that spot has more nerve endings, or something is wrong with it, but it's really hurting. I can't sleep on my side or my stomach because of where the incision is, and I hate sleeping on my back, so I slept fitfully last night. Hopefully I'm so tired now that I'll get a few hours in tonight.

Bill took me to the doctor and then we went to see Harry Potter. It was a little jumbled but I loved it.

I rode with my cousin Julia to Austin today to have lunch with her parents (Uncle Al, the kiddies' pal, and my Auntie Sandy) and her brother Justin. We had brunch and went furniture shopping (for the J-Man's birthday) and then had some ice cream before we drove back. It was a quick trip but I'm glad I got to see them all before I left town. They're my favorite; I'm still convinced I was born to the wrong Barclay.



This is going to be a crazy week- I have a lot going on with the move before I leave for Southern California on Friday. I'll hopefully have a firm move date and some boxes in my hands before I leave.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hurray for day trips to Austin :)

Anonymous said...

And I got a great pic of Jamie to put on my iPhone, so when (if) Jamie ever calls me, I'll see her smiling (eyes closed, mouth open wide) face, sans blue freckle.

iamchanelle said...

look at you, cutie miss patootie!
:)

krysten said...

i like how your blue-green necklace matches the bandaid on your chest, hee!

way to accessorize!