Sunday, April 01, 2007

eureka!

OK, so, I know I've been away for a while, but this week I actually worked, and then my friend Ashley spent the weekend with me, and other than that it's just been busy busy busy laundry and cleaning and errands and yoga and school school school.

Just yesterday I was lamenting to Ashley about how I thought my new vacuum cleaner didn't work very well, and I had already donated the old one, so this morning when I got it out, I decided to try and clean out the little plastic chamber that it has instead of a bag. It wasn't full yet, but I thought it was worth a shot. So, I pop it out to dump it, and in the tube that runs from the vacuum part to the chamber part was a rubber belt-like strap, just sort of stuffed in there. I was like great, no wonder it doesn't work- this belt thingie fell off and who knows where it came from or if I can reattach it! However, upon closer inspection, I realize the belt says "Dell." It's totally the fastener that goes around my laptop's power supply!! Which I haven't seen for months, and I totally assumed I left at a hotel or something. Which means, that not only does my vacuum cleaner work, it obviously works better than I thought it did... I can't believe it sucked up that thing.

Yesterday, out of nowhere, I got this shirt in the mail from Krysten!! For no reason at all, except that she's awesome and apparently, loves to send me presents for her birthday to make me feel worse about not sending her gift yet. Awwww, Krys!!! In better news, I've actually finished the gift and bought the card... just need to get to the post office.

Big, bad test on Tuesday and then leaving for Los Angeles on Friday. Whoop whoop!!

3 comments:

krysten said...

LOL! i didn't realize that i did that twice! weird. i actually have had that around for a couple weeks, but then when i realized that you were going to be running around for the next couple months, i wanted to get it to you before that all started...

and btw, last year you got something ON my bday, this time it's totally two weeks later, in fact it's my MOM's bday now, hee!

hello jamie: said...

it's MY mom's bday too!!!

(must finish HER present now...)

Anonymous said...

Uh, no. Your Mom's birthday was Wednesday, the 4th, not the 2nd, which is when you posted. Get with the program, James.