Tuesday, April 24, 2007

grey and rain and thunder and pissiness

Today the weather matches my mood exactly and I am here to tell you, it is not pretty.

So, I'm doing this 5-day "cleanse" that involves eating nothing but brown rice and vegetables- no salt, sugar, dairy, or caffeine- except one cup of green tea a day, like that's sufficient- and lots of water with lemon juice. It's supposed to detoxify my system, but so far it's only succeeded in making me so tired that I actually fell asleep in yoga yesterday. After our standing series, we all lie down on the floor on our bellies and do a series of floor postures with one deep breath in between. During one of my deep breaths I dozed off and woke up like 10 poses later. How embarrassing.

In other news, I've been a little disallusioned with the world in general lately, so I decided I needed some uplifting. Bill will probably moan and groan over this, but I'm starting a West Wing marathon. All 7 seasons, starting today. Prepare for the quoting.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Were you drooling on your mat? Because that is the only thing that makes falling asleep in public WORSE.

Seven seasons of the West Wing. Wow. That is something. Do they still show it on Bravo? I LOVE the West Wing. I might join you for the last season if you are in town when you get to it. Haven't seen most of that season.

krysten said...

no, no, farting in your sleep would be the worst, haha!

have fun with the marathon...unfortunately this will mean absolutely nothing to me...

Anonymous said...

Our moods...one in the same.

I just wish it would thunder here. That would help the ambiance of my self loathing pity party all the more.

iamchanelle said...

bring on the quoting.

and enjoy the RESTING that your body is telling you to do!

*BIG HUG*