Friday, January 02, 2009

resolutions and revolutions

Time for my New Year's Resolutions, 2009-style. You guys know I totally believe in making them (and breaking them). Usually I try to write measurable objectives, but some of these will be more general goals. Feel free to hold me accountable.

  • Laugh more, dance more, sing more, and generally be myself more without worrying about being embarrassed. Honestly, if I want to shake my booty a little out on the street because a really booty-shaking song comes on my iPod, why should I care what a streetful of strangers thinks? And really, why shouldn't I have introduced myself to that cute bearded & bespectacled movie-goer on Wednesday? Even if nothing came of it, I'd never see him again, so why does it matter? I'm seizing the day, yo. And having a marvelous time doing it. Embarrassed is a stupid emotion. I'm embracing my inner public-transportation-air-drummer, as it were.
  • The usual budget thing. *sigh*
  • The usual losing a little weight so I am happier with my body thing. *bigger sigh*
  • Blog once a week.
  • Take the GRE and apply for UCSF.
  • Something that I've tried for the last 2 years and failed-- keep a list of movies I watch and books I read, so at the end of the year I can look back on it and see patterns, and be able to recommend, etc.
  • Do my photo-a-day blog. For real.
That's all I got for now. Comments?

3 comments:

Alecia said...

Jamie,
I totally agree. To that list, I'm going to add mine - floss more and pick up a new addictive hobby (addicitive in a good way)

Happy frickin' New Year!

-Oh, and I won't be taking my GRE - but I support you to do so.

hello jamie: said...

Oooh, flossing is a good one, and I just did so, thanks to you. Maybe flossing could be your addictive new habit- killing two birds and all.

Speaking of dancing in public, tonight the "Tequila!" song came on at the bar, and Bartender Derek and I got up on our stools and did the Pee Wee Herman dance. It was LEGENDARY, in the words of Barney Stinson, and I achieved a new level of non-embarrassment. Look at me; I'm growing.

Tom said...

I love the Inappropriate Hug.

I'm totally jumping on the bandwagon and stealing your resolutions. They're better than my usual "Stop Smoking" crap.