Sunday, December 14, 2008

jingle bells and rain

It doesn't rain here very often. I mean, it's foggy and drizzly a lot, but no real downpours. My dental hygienist who grew up here told me she thought she was being bombed when she went to Florida and experienced her first real thunderstorm. At any rate, it's raining today. ICK. Cold, wet, actual drops and puddles and it's all VERY un-Christmaslike. *grumbles*

I've been very busy this week with various appointments, errands, shifts at the yoga studio, getting ready for our Christmas party. Yesterday I actually woke up without my alarm, and managed to wash, dry, & fold three loads of laundry, make a Christmas playlist, change my sheets, and dust the living room before getting myself to yoga (to practice, not to work), and THEN make dips, candy, drinks, and put on a party frock for our shindig. I certainly considered myself some sort of domestic goddess, or demi-deity at that point.

Buuuuut, our party was kind of a dud. It was fun, but we only had 10-12 people (I think last year we had 40-50!), so although it was quiet and nice, I ended up feeling like I did a lot of work for little payback. WAY too many leftovers. Not to mention that I just went through all of my photos and I don't have a single good one. I am not so sure about these bangs. And I think I need to lose some weight. Or maybe the bangs make my face look fatter than it is. Also, I have been somewhat sneezy this week, and I am never sick. Blurg, I think the weather is effecting my mood. (Affecting?)

In other news, my first week of the new budget went well, and I leave for Texas on Friday! Oh, and there's a new recipe up over at Food, Glorious Food.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Affecting. Thank you very much.

Anonymous said...

I wonder if lower attendance is a consistent theme with Christmas parties this year, because I've noticed it at two events so far. I guess with this economy (and more specifically, layoffs and rumors of layoffs), people aren't quite as jolly.
How long is your TX visit? I hope it's longer than a week, or we may miss you, since we're headed to Wyoming for Christmas week.
Cheers,
Scotticus

Amy said...

I want to see a pic of the new bangs. We can play around with them some while you are in Dallas if you want. Sometimes it takes a while for newly cut hair to know what it's supposed to do. ;)