Monday, December 08, 2008

my first Christmas present of 2008

How about this little guy?????



I got him in the mail today, courtesy of one Miss Julia. I love love love him! Jule and I have always been mighty good gift buyers (2 years ago we each got the other a dvd that we already owned- brilliant); this is the perfect example of thoughtful gift-buying. Jule knows I love owls, and knows I love Christmas ornaments, and I can't imagine a better hand-picked gift from my favourite cousin. I have named him Uncle Billy-- kinda has the same eyes.

Busy week- I've been working at the yoga studio, getting ready for our holiday party, and generally living (and loving) life how I do each December when I'm free from The Man for a bit. Today I made some satsuma-ginger tea bread (I am still not a baker by nature but I'm getting a bit better, I think) and dinner for my roommates. (Recipes to follow shortly.) Tomorrow is movie day with my boy Seth-- Slumdog Millionaire, I believe, and Burmese food for dinner. I also have to get some stuff together for a holiday party on Thursday that requires a food bank donation, and I think I have a dentist appointment and a haircut before the week is all said and done.

Oh, and tonight we shared Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (the 1964 version, natch) with our roommate from El Salvador. I think it's fair to say his life has been changed. I'm so glad they still show it every year, and it hasn't been re-made by Pixar or Disney. Who could one-up the Cowboy That Rides an Ostrich or the Charlie-in-a-Box? Or the Abominable Snow Monster with no teeth (thanks, Hermie)? Now THAT's what I call Christmas!

2 comments:

Julia said...

I'm glad you got your package! Uncle Billy looks good in your tree :)

and when did you get a roommate from El Salvador??

Amy said...

The ornament is ADORABLE!!! LOVE IT!

And, yes, a roommate from El Salvador??? Please expound.