Saturday, August 23, 2008

and the manatee has become the mento.

Bruce and I made a pact to update our blogs by end of Monday. I'm getting a head start on him because I have been dealt the unfortunate hand of working on a Saturday. I haven't been blogging very much lately; I'm not sure why. I guess part of it is that I've been so very, very busy, but also, I don't feel like all that many people are reading. Plus, sometimes it's just nice to be away from the computer. *yawn*

I think I finally got my twitter back on and running, but it says only 4 people are following me-- which is strange because I know for a fact that Bruce is getting my twitters, even though he's not on the list of 4. Weird? But, for those of you who found the old twitter-switcheroo confusing-- and trust me, no one found it more confusing than me (except maybe the twitter customer service staff)-- I am "hello_jamie"- not "hellojamie." Got it? No, you don't get it! Got it?

In other news, you know how everyone collects a thing? A thing that, no matter what, you can always count on to make you think of that person. A thing you can always fall back on as a gift idea. Like Madison with seahorses or Dish with anything Spice Girls. Well, after 32 years of deliberation, I have decided on mine. Owls.

They are so frackin' cute and nerdy, and since I hear they are sort of making a popular comeback, so it's the perfect time to start collecting precious little owlies. This little card was my first official owl purchase. I will be framing it when I get back home.




Aren't they just darling? The card is printed by Red Cap Cards, who have absolutely gorgeous paper goods. Check 'em out.

Nothing's really been going on to report. I had a great birthday week with Gherkin, I got sticky and sweaty in New Orleans, I had 1 solitary day off, which I filled with laundry, pizza, wine, and 30 Rock- hence the title of this post- and came to San Jose for this uber-geek computer nerd event with a 24-hour gaming floor. Yeah, and ps> I am SO not staffing the desk for 24 hours.

Once I get home late next Thursday, I have exactly 6 days off, in which I will sleep, read, get my hair cut & colored, buy an ice-cream maker (and make ice cream, doy), go shoe-shopping, work at the yoga studio, oh, and did I say SLEEP? In my OWN BED? Then off to Dallas, New York, and Long Beach.

I'll try to be more frequent with the blogging. Bruce- tag, you're it.