Monday, August 04, 2008

*tap tap tap* is this thing on?

Oh kids. I am so very tired. Sorry I haven't been around much lately. After Ohio I went to DC, which was a super busy time, and I flew back Friday to meet Danael at the airport-- we basically dropped our bags, picked up Brad, and went to meet Brian for dinner. It was weird because none of them know each other but I actually got to take a photo with my best friend from high school, my best friend from college, and my current best friend-- a feat most people only accomplish on their wedding day:




It was pretty rad. Saturday was the First Annual West Coast Texiesta and it was a hit, if I do say so myself (and I do). There were probably 40-50 people there, almost all of them in costume, and 11 of them real Texans! We had frito pie and Rotel dip and margaritas and black-eyed peas and buttermilk peach ice cream and trailer park toffee, oh my. I'll be posting more photos of the party later. There may even be a youtube appearance.

Bruce left yesterday and I dove into 3 loads of laundry, dusting, vacuuming, scrubbing the tub, and cooking (some dish I saw some chef make on Iron Chef America. I didn't even know what to call it but it was pretty darn good). I crashed pretty early and this morning I've been reading in bed for an hour- an unparalleled luxury this summer it seems, before I head out to the warehouse to stock gangboxes and then head to Brian's for an early birthday dinner. Tomorrow I have a doctor's appointment and need to get my doughy ass to yoga-- I haven't been in almost a month, so I can start work on Thursday and leave town on Monday.

After Phoenix, New Orleans, then 2 (2!!!) days off before San Jose, then seriously, y'all, it's September, and I leave on the 5th to hit Dallas, New York, and Long Beach, then a show here at home and then it's October. Really. I can't even re-read this post in fear that it will convince me to stay huddled under my covers for the rest of eternity. Or at least the rest of the morning.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy early birthday, Brian! Thanks for taking such good care of our girl!!!!!!

XOXO

Oh, wait. You mean YOUR birthday.

Whoops.

HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY, JAMIE!

I'm a loser...

Anonymous said...

awesome pic!! ~goetz

Dannybrou said...

misses jamie, san fran, blake, brian, brad, ralph, the little russian lady that put me in her will, the spicy hoo haa, hot cookie, harvy's, and the peach bellini cham-tini. = ( just saying.

Anonymous said...

OI. I see I've been replaced. . .