Tuesday, July 22, 2008

slow-hi-o

Greetings from the midwest. This is exactly what I wanted to do this week-- nothing.




Yesterday I spent $150 at Whole Foods, and went swimming, and made a beautiful taco salad (romaine, black beans, green onions, tomatoes, corn, black olives, jicama, cheese, lime-garlic vinaigrette, on top of chili-lime chips and drizzled with salsa) and margaritas, watered the plants, and sat on the new deck until dark. Today I am doing laundry, making granola (for Tom) and peanut butter cookies (for Mom) and watching The Food Network. Tonight's dinner is kabobs and corn on the cob - on the grill, natch - and homemade buttermilk peach ice cream. If that turns out how I intend I will most definitely be posting the recipe. Ooh, and vodka mojitos with mint from the garden. Later I might take a bike ride, or else sit in the sun room with my book. Maybe both.

Hope everyone is having a good week! My next two months are incredibly busy, so I am enjoying my sloth for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh my GOODNESS, am i so jealous right now. can i come over? all i want is a big, hot, green grassy field to lay down in with a book, and the hum of cicadas in the background.
oh, and a bowl of homemade (!) peach buttermilk ice cream.
you've definitely earned this, though. enjoy your sloth.