Friday, March 28, 2008

lockjaw

I have had an insane week. I did something really awesome on Tuesday and I have photos and video (!) to prove it, but I can't post about that until I get to the post office to mail the reapings from said doings to the friend that deserves them the most. You know who you are.

A couple of days ago, I slammed my finger in a drawer and it was all bloody and gross, and I had to go to work, so I cleaned it and put a bandage on it (good little nurse-to-be). But it was my right index finger, which happens to be my trackpad finger, and my flipping through file folders finger, and my shuffling through stacks of paper finger. The trackpad, most importantly, does not recognize a bandage as human contact, so I had to take the bandage off and just keep busting the wound open over and over again. It was much better today- I think I only bled once- so I decided it best if I ripped my thumb open with a rusty staple. Seriously, the pad of my thumb from tip to knuckle is ripped open. My thumbprint might not grow back right. Do you guys think I need a tetanus shot? I haven't had once since 1996 when I ripped my other thumb open with a rusty machete during the opening scene of opening night of On The Verge.

Anyway, it's late and I'm frackin' exhausted. I'm really too delirious to be blogging- I'll probably read this tomorrow and decide it was written by a drunk 3rd-grader.

Oh! Earth Hour is tomorrow night! Participate.

4 comments:

Julia said...

you should probably go get a tetanus shot but they hurt pretty bad :(

dw said...

Yikes, I would say, yeah, get the shot just to be safe. Pgh recently ripped her thumb (the outside knuckle, not the pad) and got a shot at work, too.

I'm definitely participating Saturday night!

krysten said...

i totally say get the shot...but then, you know how i am...

and as i say in my wise, motherly way: "be careful!!" - always helpful, especially after-the-fact. ;-)

Dannybrou said...

yes jamie. get a shot. Better safe than sorry...

I once stepped on a rusty nail in dirty mexico. they tried to give me a tetanus shot there. I demanded that they take me back to the states.

And.. I remember when you cut your thumb opening night of On the Verge. I was there = )