Monday, March 10, 2008

back home

Recently I got gently chastised to post more often by Karen (whose blog you can now find in my list down in the left side-bar). Karen and I aren't very close- we are friends of friends- but I feel like we would be good friends give the chance, and I read her blog daily. I find it fascinating that our world of insta-technology provides us the opportunity to keep up with people that would otherwise possibly fall out of our lives by the mere inconveniences of geography.

I enjoyed the prod because I haven't been blogging much lately and truthfully- it's because not much is going on and I didn't think anyone was reading. I really love living in San Francisco but my life here is pretty low-key. I'm just really not sure anyone is interested in hearing "Today I went to yoga, walked through the park, and watched a movie." Truthfully? I think those days kind of rock. But they aren't very news-worthy. :) So thanks, Karen, for reading and nagging-- I'll try to be better!

So, last weekend Kristie Brooks was here and we had a blast, but stayed sooooo busy, and then I went to Salt Lake City, which was cold and everyone was white, which is a little creepy. The show went ok even though it was lots of work, and I woke up at 4am yesterday to take the first flight out- in a middle seat, thank you, new crappy travel agent. I came home to the most beautiful weather known to Northern California. It was about 58 and sunny and just... gorgeous. It's spring! We didn't really have traditional spring in Texas. I feel like it's been raining for 3 months here in the Pacific Northwest so when spring finally hit I was all "what is that shiny yellow thing in the sky?? It's soooo pretty!" Note to self: must get spring jacket; it's still cold.

Krysten and Chanelle are coming on Saturday for Krysten's bday, and I am spending the week getting ready. I went to 4 (!) grocery stores/markets yesterday- no small feat with no car; I bet I walked 4 miles!- and put in a 4-hr shift at the yoga studio. I hit the sack at 10pm, y'all and slept for 10 hours. That was pretty rad. This morning I'm going to go to practice and then run another couple of little errands before I tackle my laundry and house-cleaning. I am also planning on doing my taxes and getting my hair cut! See? Who wants to read about this?? :)

That's about it on my end. I'm working on a book review for my food blog and trying to eat well and go to yoga every day when I am home. I have a few new recipes I'm working on and other than that, life is pretty quiet. I usually equate "quiet" with "boring" but I am trying to stay positive.

What is going on with the rest of you?

6 comments:

Karen said...

Eeeeeeee! I am "silver-tounged." Love it!!! I'll be adding you to my blog roll when I do some house keeping -- too many people on my list have not blogged in like a year, so they are getting dumped and the awesome new people I'm reading (such as yourself) are far more dilligent!

And you may think writing about everyday life isn't reader-friendly, but you have a knack for describing it really well and making it interesting. You needn't shy away from it!

krysten said...

haha, welcome to MY world...i rely on a FOUR YEAR OLD to provide me with blog fodder...

Dannybrou said...

loves him some jamie. = )

Karen said...

Jamie, I don't believe I have your e-mail address to send you the link to my story. Write me at kbischer@gmail.com!

BTW -- how do you get that thing on the side where people can get e-mail about when a blog is updated? My story is on wordpress, so I don't know if they have such an option, but I'd like to see...

Anonymous said...

"Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life. Well, not small, but valuable. And sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave?"

You live a valuable life and you do it because you like it

Desperately Desperate said...

Have you been to the Sonoma Valley?