Sunday, September 14, 2008

Is anyone at all concerned with an uprising?

OK, so, I had this printer last week from our Atlanta warehouse, that this (<----)photo was taped to-- clearly said printer has been at one of my shows in the past. Well, the photo strip was starting to rip off, so I peeled it off and stuck it to my counter, over to the side, where it was visible to clients who chose to lean over my desk and invade my personal space, which- let's face it- they always do.

So, picture it: Grapevine, just a few days ago. A 20-something year-old salesman swaggers up to my booth and leans all up in my business to ask me something, and he spies the Buster photo. The following exchange unfolds:

Douchebag: Hey, how do you know Mike McNichols?
Jamie: I'm sorry, who?
DB: Mike McNichols, that guy in that photo you have taped to your desk?
JH: Ummm, that's Buster? From Arrested Development? Played by Tony Hale?
DB: No way, that's my friend Mike's myspace photo!!!!!
JH: Have you met your friend Mike?
DB: Well, it kinda looks like him.
JH: Really?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your job stories.

Anonymous said...

Love it! Especially the dialogue. Totally made me smile :)

Nana Erin said...

I say to you as I say to Dan. UPDATE.

Alyssa said...

"concerned about an uprising".

but you tried :)