Saturday, August 11, 2007

iTravel

Yesterday morning, I woke up at 4am EST and worked for 8 hours, and took an hour-long, un-air conditioned taxi ride to Dulles airport, where I was shuffled onto a people mover with a broken door, and then my flight was delayed 2 hours. After I finally got on an airplane, I promptly fell asleep, and woke up 45 minutes later to find out we were still sitting at the gate. Apparently everyone had been grounded for so long that there was a 45-plane line to get onto the runway. We finally took off around 11pm. Uuuuugh.

I finally got home at 2am CST, an entire 23 hours after I woke up that morning. I took a quick shower and toppled into bed, to wake up 5 hours later, throw my dirty clothes into a smaller suitcase and dash off to another airport.

NOW, finally, I am on vacation. Hello, Phoenix! Brad just made me a cocktail and is now making flat bread and falafel while Krysten is mixing up some cucumber salad and Bryce is showing me how his toy airplane turns into a rocket ship. "It's not breaking it, Miss Jamie; it's just taking it apart."

This is where I come to vacation. I love to travel but I always jam-pack my days full of fun things, and then I need a vacation to get over my vacation. I love seeing my family but I have to be all social and on my best behavior. Here at Krysten's, I have my own wing- really, a room and bathroom above the garage- my own door, my own key, my own air conditioner and coffee pot and cable and internet... the pool is just at the bottom of the stairs- I can go to bed when I want and get up when I want and be quiet when I want and have someone to talk to when I want. Krysten and Brad are both very generous with their home and also very laid-back about my being here. They're always willing to make me a cocktail or let me have free reign in the kitchen.

With my crazy work week (80 hours in 7 days) and the 3-hour time difference, I forced myself to stay up until 11. I honestly can't believe I woke up at 7:30!! I feel great though, and now I think I'll go downstairs and make some coffee, then possibly take a morning swim. Birthday festivities tonight!! Pictures to follow.

3 Comments:

Blogger iamchanelle said...

brad making bread and cocktails? talking all night with krysten? swimming? and a birthday party to boot....

could life be any more awesome for you right now?

well, yes it could - but as soon as i get there, it will be complete. :)

see you TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!

August 11, 2007 9:01 AM  
Blogger krysten said...

awww. and here i thought we were just boring. i like "laid-back" better. hee!

yay! so glad you're here!!

August 11, 2007 9:15 AM  
Anonymous Tom said...

Wish I could be there with you guys!!!!!!

Happy happy day before your birthday, Jamie! I'll call you tomorrow in the middle of my crazy day of writing two ep's!!!!!

XOXOXOXO

August 12, 2007 1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home