Saturday, August 11, 2007

iTravel

Yesterday morning, I woke up at 4am EST and worked for 8 hours, and took an hour-long, un-air conditioned taxi ride to Dulles airport, where I was shuffled onto a people mover with a broken door, and then my flight was delayed 2 hours. After I finally got on an airplane, I promptly fell asleep, and woke up 45 minutes later to find out we were still sitting at the gate. Apparently everyone had been grounded for so long that there was a 45-plane line to get onto the runway. We finally took off around 11pm. Uuuuugh.

I finally got home at 2am CST, an entire 23 hours after I woke up that morning. I took a quick shower and toppled into bed, to wake up 5 hours later, throw my dirty clothes into a smaller suitcase and dash off to another airport.

NOW, finally, I am on vacation. Hello, Phoenix! Brad just made me a cocktail and is now making flat bread and falafel while Krysten is mixing up some cucumber salad and Bryce is showing me how his toy airplane turns into a rocket ship. "It's not breaking it, Miss Jamie; it's just taking it apart."

This is where I come to vacation. I love to travel but I always jam-pack my days full of fun things, and then I need a vacation to get over my vacation. I love seeing my family but I have to be all social and on my best behavior. Here at Krysten's, I have my own wing- really, a room and bathroom above the garage- my own door, my own key, my own air conditioner and coffee pot and cable and internet... the pool is just at the bottom of the stairs- I can go to bed when I want and get up when I want and be quiet when I want and have someone to talk to when I want. Krysten and Brad are both very generous with their home and also very laid-back about my being here. They're always willing to make me a cocktail or let me have free reign in the kitchen.

With my crazy work week (80 hours in 7 days) and the 3-hour time difference, I forced myself to stay up until 11. I honestly can't believe I woke up at 7:30!! I feel great though, and now I think I'll go downstairs and make some coffee, then possibly take a morning swim. Birthday festivities tonight!! Pictures to follow.

3 comments:

iamchanelle said...

brad making bread and cocktails? talking all night with krysten? swimming? and a birthday party to boot....

could life be any more awesome for you right now?

well, yes it could - but as soon as i get there, it will be complete. :)

see you TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!

krysten said...

awww. and here i thought we were just boring. i like "laid-back" better. hee!

yay! so glad you're here!!

Anonymous said...

Wish I could be there with you guys!!!!!!

Happy happy day before your birthday, Jamie! I'll call you tomorrow in the middle of my crazy day of writing two ep's!!!!!

XOXOXOXO