Thursday, October 13, 2011

*dusts off blog*

My BFF Danael has been blogging daily, about some really personal stuff, and I think it's brave. I haven't been blogging at all, and I think it's LAZY!

I wanted you guys to know I've been WORKING on my happiness project, even though I haven't been WRITING about it. I feel like I've conquered a few things-- even if it was just dumb luck. Found a new job right before I got laid off-- how great is that? I love it. I'm debt-free, I got a severance package, AND I didn't have to go on unemployment. Not like I'm rolling in dough or anything, but I don't owe anyone any money, I got a new computer, and put a nice solid amount in my retirement fund. So I'm happy in the money arena and the career arena.

Today my new boss agreed to let me shift my office hours to 10am-6:30pm. I'll of course be able to come in earlier if I have a meeting or a pressing issue of any kind, but I think this is going to make me a much happier person, which equals a better employee! I can work out 3 days a week, "sleep in" 2 days a week, and avoid rush hour commute on either end of my day. I think it's genius! So this should help in the health arena, as well as in the general happiness arena.

Things are good over here! Always have things to work on but life is rolling along just fine. Just the way I like it.

No comments: