Monday, April 25, 2011

offline.

I've had a helluva few weeks. Two really, really busy shows back-to-back, long days augmented with long evenings with several friends I haven't seen in months, came home to roommate date night, girls' night, an annual Easter Sunday bash-- WHEW! I have enjoyed every moment of my wonderful friends, but come about 9pm last night I was so oversocialized I thought I was going to rip my hair out. At our last stop last night I made a runner-- literally walked into the bar and left without sitting down or ordering a drink. I ran pell-mell for the train (and made it with about 30 seconds to spare), went straight to my glorious, empty house and was into the shower, fat pants, and a cup of hot tea within 30 minutes of being home. And this morning I did a marvelous thing.

I turned off my phone.

Just, turned it right off! This morning I had my coffee, watched a movie, read a book, ran some errands, took a long walk-- sans phone, sans headphones-- did my laundry, went to the market, and am now listening to music and making myself a lovely dinner. I didn't even take offense to the butcher who asked me if I was making a "lonely dinner" when I ordered from him. I was all, "heck no! I can't wait!!!"

I know tomorrow I'll be very pleased to see a couple of friends for an afternoon movie and dinner, respectively, but today I really needed this.

~happy!~

No comments: