Monday, July 12, 2010

a note from Fatty McPudge

First off, welcome, Alecia, to the world of blogging. I think you'll find it nice here!

Down to business: I have had a come-to-Jesus talk with my (fat) self about my body. Now, I have a relatively to healthily positive body image, always have. I don't want to be a stick. But my pudge is a little out of control. You know how when you're just a little overweight, your clothes are too tight but you still look better naked than clothed? I've now passed that point. I'm just gross. Don't worry; I'm not spiraling into an eating disorder or anything. I love food, always will. But I am like 15 lbs heavier than I have ever been, and it's time to nip it in the bud.

So, I'm going home today for 10 whole days, and the first week I'm kicking it solo, Jamiepalooza style. I THINK I can carve at least 5-8 of those pesky lbs off in a week, no kidding. I'm going to "cleanse" a bit (only veggies and brown rice or quinoa-- no meat, no dairy, no sugar, no alcohol) for the first coupla/three days, then stick to a mostly vegan diet for the rest of the week. Also, I will do my arm video at home with free weights, and either 90 minutes of Bikram OR a walk of at least 5 miles every day.

I think I will feel better once my clothes fit again, and this week will serve to provide me with some much-needed discipline and save me a little dough. Expect lots of updates about dvds and salads. :)

No comments: