Saturday, July 25, 2009

c'est prego!

Last post May 10th? I'm so ashamed.

I've been subtly urged to blog more often, but with the onset of twitter and facebook, I don't make myself. Which is a shame, because I miss doing it. I'm certain most of my readers have probably wandered away by now, but for the three of you still left (Alecia, Krysten... maybe only 2 of you, actually), may I ask a favour? Comment. It's really the only way I can judge if people are reading. (I gave up on statcounter long ago, when my numbers dipped to sad double-digits.) I wish I just wrote it for me and didn't care if people were reading, but I don't and I do. So let me hear ya!

So, I'm back from vacation. I blissfully ignored the real world as I tromped across Europe with my gal-pal Krysten, and thus came back to a bit of stress. Money, work, life. Facebook always asking me what's on my mind. A LOT, Facebook. Leave me alone. (But, thanks for hosting my photos for all my friends to look at.)

I'm trying to get back in the swing of making my own food, working out, not having Krysten 2 feet away from me at any given moment. Thursday I spent on the couch resting up, and yesterday I headed out for a day of San Francisco. It's not Europe, but it's something pretty special. I met Scotty and KJ for lunch at Split Pea Seduction (always a pleasure), and then went solo to the Chagall exhibit at the Contemporary Jewish Museum. I love Chagall and have been wanting to see if for a while. There was also an exhibit called "Jews on Vinyl" and it was SO cool. I listened to music for about an hour, and then went to see Harry Potter. I love going to the movies alone, and I enjoyed the film. Then I went to Lulu for dinner with some old work friends from Dallas, and THEN went to the wine bar for more Scotty and KJ time. What a lovely day!

This morning I've been stressing about money, listening to a mostly spot-on playlist made for me by a special friend who has good taste (how you picked my all-time favourite Elton John song out of his entire library is a little amazing. kudos, btw), went to yoga, cleaned the bathroom, just normal stuff. It's been nice to have the house to myself for a couple of days while I recuperated. Roommate comes home tonight and regular life will be back in force.

So there ya have it. I'm back, and I will try my best to update more often! However, since I blew my wad on vacation I might not have anything to say more interesting than "I ate rice and beans and watched TV today." :)

Oh, one more thing-- in other news, I am strongly considering moving to Austin. I adore San Francisco but I'm a Texan at heart. I need to see how a couple of things pan out, but it's in my head and now it's out there in cyberspace.

10 comments:

Tom said...

I'll move there with you! Remember me? The other guy who reads your blog? ;-)

(And FYI - my word verification is fuputz. Yes, that's right. F. U. Putz.)

hello jamie: said...

don't TOY WITH ME CASIELLO.

Alecia said...

Austin? I've never been there, and would give me a great excuse to come visit - see you!! I just can't imaging you not being in Frisco. It just doesn't seem right - maybe because you've been there since I've known you. The money issues - don't fret. Everyone who's everyone is doing it. I had a lady buy $40 worth of fresh snow crab legs today with food stamps. It always works out - ALWAYS. You'll do what you have to do to make it. I think you like rice and beans a lil too much - it wouldn't make me think you didn't have money to eat- just that you were on a rice and beans kick. Pics were great!! *was I the picker of the all-time fave Elton song?
love and miss. Come to DC <3

FLAT TOM and REAL TOM - nice to meet you

hello jamie: said...

You were not; it was Christopher. But in usual full circle-ness, he did duplicate one of the tracks from your "If I Were President" playlist. ("Everything's Gonna Be Alright" by Bob Marley, only he called it "Three Little Birds.")

I don't think you've ever given me an Elton John song, which come to think of it, is a crying shame.

Unknown said...

You do realize that the song's title is "three little birds?" but hey, I won't bring it up again. Oh, I read your blog too! Glad you like your playlist!!

krysten said...

yes, the title is indeed "three little birds"...i back chris here.

was the elton john song "mona lisa and mad hatters"?

hello jamie: said...

Chris, you know I never look at any links you send me, but I take your and Krysten's word for it, as you both have vaster knowledge of music than I.

Krysten, yes. He's a smarty.

Amy said...

i read your posts! :D

Julia said...

I read them too!

Unknown said...

rice, beans, and tv...still sounds like a damn good day