Sunday, May 10, 2009

book help

OK, 3 posts in a week; are you guys feeling the love?

I need some book help. I have a STACK of to-read books, and it's growing to the overwhelming stage. And when I get overwhelmed over too many decisions, I just need someone to tell me what to do (even though I really, really hate to be told what to do. I know-- I'm an enigma, wrapped in a conundrum, shrouded in a mystery, drinking a cup of coffee and whimpering about books).

I just read, nay-- devoured Orangette's A Homemade Life. I read it in one morning, curled up in the corner of Brian's bed while he packed for his trip. I just loved it, and if I could write a book, it would be this sort of book. I highly recommend it to anyone who likes her website, or food.

Now, in the nonfiction category, I also have:

(started)
Color, A Natural History of the Palette,
Spook: Science Tackles the Afterlife,
Bill Bryson's Shakespeare: The World's a Stage, and

(not yet started)
Gilda Radner's autobiography, It's Always Something,
The Worst Hard Times, about those who survived the Great American Dust Bowl, and
I'm Perfect, You're Doomed, the memoirs of a disfellowshipped Jehovah's Witness

Ohhhh, and my France guidebook.

In the fiction category, I have

(started)
The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay, and

(not started)
The Road
The Housekeeper and the Professor, and
Geek Love

aaaand, I really really want to re-read HP6 before the movie comes out.

Sooo, what do I do? Please help.

2 comments:

Amy said...

personally, i'm curious about Geek Love...it was once on my "to-read" list as well.

ps. very sweet previous entry.

dw said...

I'm fond of Bill Bryson, so I'd read his Shakespeare book first. Then again, I'm a lit geek.