Sunday, November 11, 2007

naked

As most of you probably picked up by the context clues of "hey you guys! I have been going out on dates!"- My on-again-off-again-for-the-past-10-months relationship and I broke everything off a couple of weeks ago. I have staved off blogging about it because well, the internet has eyes, as it were. Also, unlike past relationships where I felt screwed over and gladly welcomed ex-bashing, I would never, ever want anyone to anyone to think badly of him or think that he somehow wronged me- we just couldn't make the long-distance thing work. Which, although a perfectly legitimate reason to break up, doesn't make me feel any better, you know?

So, yeah. We broke up. And I am mad and I am hurt. Because that's what happens when people break up: people get mad and hurt and throw their hands up in frustration. Friends or more-than-friends, it is hard to cut someone out of your life that has been important to you for a long time. I am mad and I am hurt and I miss him terribly.

I know I will be fine, I know I will get over it, and I know I will move on. I'm not under any sort of delusion that he is the only person on the planet that will ever make me happy. But he is a good person that I felt I connected with and now that he is gone, I am dealing with pretty much this:

Break-ups are hard. They are horrible and they are hard and they are not necessarily indicative of what two people shared.

I need to remember that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

boys stink--throw rocks at them :)

hang in there. love you!

Anonymous said...

Julia...don't you mean distance, and the time it takes to cover that distance, stink?

And I have thrown rocks at the time-space continuum many times...but now, thanks to what I have learned from Heroes, I can simply squeeze my eyes really tight and alter that whole scene.

Cheers.

iamchanelle said...

i love you, girlie. wish i could give you a big hug.
have some kraft mac-n-cheese for me,k? :)