Sunday, November 18, 2007

a little about not much

I've been nesting this week. It's cold, foggy, gloomy, and the perfect kitchen weather. Friday I spent all day (and ahem, several hot toddies) making roasted garlic cream of potato soup. I made vegan (!) chocolate-chocolate chip cupcakes for my neighbor's 26th birthday (or, the 10th anniversary of her sweet 16, as her party indicated). I had no idea such heavenly baked goods could be made without dairy or eggs but I am HOOKED. Amazing, and I didn't even have to get out an appliance. Saturday I made oatmeal muffins from the Magnolia Bakery cookbook. Sunday Brian and I made brunch (with some unbelievable rosemary pan-fried potatoes that I will share with you when I get the photos off his camera).

I'm preparing for my first vegetarian Thanksgiving and it's pretty exciting. Other than that- I'm just lying here in bed trying to decide if I have anything remotely decent (and clean) in which I can go do my laundry, or if I'll be pulling a Lorelai and running into people in cutoffs, a tie-die t-shirt, and cowboy boots. Oh, and today is farmer's market day!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss GG

hello jamie: said...

Brian and I started Season 1 yesterday!!! I forgot how much I miss those fast-talkin' ladies. And the crazy townies! So fun!

iamchanelle said...

i would love to see you "pull a lorelai"...
cute.