Monday, January 04, 2010

back to life; back to reality

Creeping up on 21 days here at Casa Lewelling and it has be OH-so-much-fun. However, now that the calendar holidays are over and I don't have another one in a week to look forward to, I'm starting to think about home. Not in a wistful way; I love it here, but in an "oh yeah, bills," "oh yeah, work," and "oh, yeah I wonder how much mail/dust is at my house." *sigh* Real life is for the birds.

Been contemplating a lot this week-- blogging, even though Tom says it's "SO 2008," reading, and whether struggling through a book is ever worth it, facebooking- to update or not to update under their stupid new privacy settings, dieting, dating, whether dieting will help with the dating, whether the dating is worth it when I am a perfectly happy single person, my job, my budget, my money- or extreme lack thereof, why I am generally a raspy self-confident sass-pot, but certain people in my life can make me feel bad about myself in a single moment, whether that's my stuff or their stuff, moving to France, why I never get the good Scrabble words agains Uncle Al when I play just fine with everyone else, and why flammable and inflammable mean the same thing.

Apparently this is what happens when I have a lot of time on your hands!!

New Year's Resolutions: the usual-- budget, diet, be outside more, de-clutter, floss, read, cook, love, live. I know a lot of people thing resolutions are stupid (and boy, do they say so) but I don't see any reason why they should judge me for taking an opportunity to be a better person. Sure, it's just another day, but I like fresh starts and I'll take one any chance I can get.

So, so long, 2009, and thanks for the memories and all you taught me, but I'm done with you now. 2010 is a clean slate, a tabula rasa, a new leaf, another chance to turn it all around. New year, new attitude, new Doctor, new self.

4 Comments:

Blogger Work With What You've Got said...

"and whether struggling through a book is ever worth it"

NO. Not anymore. Maybe when we were younger and had more free time, but not anymore. Feel free to put it down, walk away and never look back.

January 04, 2010 8:48 AM  
Blogger Tom said...

LOL! Blogging is so 2008 FOR ME. LOL! I gave it up when I got hired at Y&R. I didn't mean "in general." :-)

XOXO

January 04, 2010 10:53 AM  
Blogger Julia said...

Welcome back to blogging :)

January 05, 2010 5:17 PM  
Blogger MathildeLDucote said...

免費色情小遊戲區免費色情影片免費色情影片直播免費色情影片網免費色情影片網站免費色情影片線上免費色情影片線上看免費色情影片線上觀看免費色情影片電影免費色情影片小說免費色情影片小澤圓免費色情影片欣賞免費色情影片下載免費色情性愛影片免費色情成人片免費台灣色情影片免費台灣色情影片網站免費四色情動畫免費色情a片下載動作色情卡通色情照片卡通色情美少女圖片卡通色情遊戲卡通色情圖卡通色情圖片卡通色情影音卡通色情漫卡通色情漫畫口交色情片台灣無碼色情光碟台灣美女色情視訊台灣色情網站台灣色情網站貼圖台灣色情自拍制服女孩色情圖八大色情圖庫免下載色情影片免費成人色情a片免費成人色情網站免費成人色情網站影片線上直播

January 07, 2010 6:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home