Sunday, August 09, 2009

life sans the interwebs

I know, it's obviously not life totally without interwebs, since I'm updating le blog. BUT, it's life with drastically reduced internet, and that my friends, is practically the same thing. See, I don't know how you live your life at home, but my laptop is always on. Always. It might not always be open and on my lap, but it's always nearby, and I use it. I use it a lot. When I don't have Facebook or gchat open, I at least have it available to look up a recipe, or a word, or movie times, or where else I saw that one guy on that show I'm watching, or information about time zones and moon phases.

Anyway, both of my laptops are broke, and they're broke bad, so they are respectively in Oklahoma City and Middleborough, Mass, getting all tuned up, and I'm getting back to the basics of a person that stays home because she's on a budget and don't have the internet for entertainment. This weekend I've cleaned, cooked, read, used my DVD player, ridden my bike to the beach, gone to yoga, given myself a recession-mani, and watched a fair amount of The Discovery Channel, and actually? It's not been that bad.

Don't get me wrong, when my computer comes back I will go right back to my previous lifestyle, but this has been a productive break. Glass is half full, hmmm?

What did I miss?

4 comments:

Tom said...

I was computer-less all weekend - and I LOVED IT! After 24 hours of withdrawal, the rest was like nothing out here existed.

I know come tomorrow I'll be looking everything up the way we do, Jamie - but for the rest of tonight, I'm enjoying being Tom Unplugged.

krysten said...

more no-computer-necessary fun will, wands out, arrive on Monday!! :D

hello jamie: said...

OMG is it a pony??? My chinese fortune last night said a "pleasant surprise" was coming my way!!!!

dw said...

Ok, I had stopped coming here daily to check when you hadn't updated your blog in soooooo long. Nice to see you've remedied that! :)