Wednesday, February 14, 2007

snow snow snow ....

Jule is probably the only one singing along with me right now. But Jule, today I actually washed my hair in snow. It was unintentional, I assure you. And not at all as pleasant as Rosemary and Bing made it sound.

I also finally bought my ugly yet functional Uggs. Quite honestly, I'm not sure how I lived here without them before. They are extremely warm and very comfortable and kept my feet completely DRY. You know what aren't? And didn't? Chuck Taylors. I opted for the ones with the more rugged/durable sole and am quite pleased with my purchase.

So, basically, it snowed all damn day, and I was walking around in it like a moron. A moron who didn't wear the proper shoes or bring her "big" coat, even though she lived here for two Februarys and visited during at least two others. First stop, the Ugg store. My feet, both pair of socks, and my sneakers were completely soaked by the time I got there, so I bought them right off the shelf and wore them out of the store like when I was little and I got my back-to-school shoes. I went to my friend Melanie's, where I sat down and dried my socks with a hair dryer. My pants were too far gone; they just had to stay wet. We had Indian food ("look at me... I'm growing") and then went to the Angelika to see The Queen. It was very good but I still stand that my personal favorite movie of 2006 was Pan's Labyrinth.

Now I'm back at the hotel, drying my pants over the radiator and waiting on my Valentine, Brittny, to get done with work. We are going out for Greek food and then we're going to cuddle. Ibym "cuddle"... "wrap up in our separate double beds and talk." Tomorrow I'm going to get some schoolwork done and go poach Britt's show, which is an art show, and see if I can get some new brushes and things. Maybe hit the AMNH and if it's not snowing, the Park. Also, tomorrow is my friend Liza B's 30th birthday, and if tradition teaches us anything at all, there just may have to be a little trip down to the Cowgirl Hall of Fame.

I also have to leave Britt's nice, cushy room here at The Park Central tomorrow, and move into my own room down at The Super 8. Yeah. The Super 8. *sigh*

6 comments:

krysten said...

how long are you going to be in NY?

hello jamie: said...

I go home the 21st.

Anonymous said...

THE SUPER 8!!! WOO HOOO!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to see this... :-)

krysten said...

you're there for a whole week?!

awwwwwww. poo.

and here i am at home, with a kid with the croup, and fifty-three doctor's appointments. *frowns*

Anonymous said...

Did they tell you at the store not to wear sock with the Uggs? Your feet will actually be warmer if you do NOT wear socks, because socks keep the warmth of your feet from getting caught in the shearing and bouncing back and stuff or something. But yeah, they are warmer WITHOUT socks.

hello jamie: said...

They did, E, and today I am wearing them without socks. My feet ARE toasty warm but I'm not sure I like the shearling between my toes feeling. Plus, won't they be hard to clean?

These are by far THE most comfortable shoes I have ever had.