Thursday, March 30, 2006

Locke-down. (SPOILERS)

I've said it before and I'll say it again... best opening title sequence on TV. It's so eerie and iconic and Twilight Zone-esque. Love the logo; love the music; love love love it.

OK... Lockdown. Krysten, stop reading now.



OHMIGAH! Best. Episode. ... ok, not EVER. But this season, definitely. And I love that we still don't know what happened to his legs. Every time he gets a flashback, I'm just waiting for him to get in a house inspection accident, or that Italian guy to stab him in the leg, or someone to run over him. And geez, that hair is bad. Good thing he went bald. And how much do I love Peg Bundy? And the house he was inspecting??? NADIA?? Wheeee, another connection. Love. It. Raise your hand if you thing Locke's dad's real last name is not Cooper, but possibly a name that starts with "saw" and ends in "-yer."

I haven't figured out how to take screen shots of a divx file yet... so I took one of my actual television. For some reason this just really cracked me up:



It's like a 4th-grader drew it. "Jungle." "Cliff." "Mountains." And they found something with this map?

I was prompted tonight to think that Probably Not Henry Gale was Probably Not from Minnesota, because I was just there and they? Have very definitive accents. And I also wondered why he wasn't from Kansas. Too much? Anyway, I paused my faux-vo on the driver's license of the real Henry Gale (yes, I'm that much of a geek - it's my thing; get over it) and I was so hoping that he would be from Kansas... but alas, the writers just didn't go there. *slump* In case you were wondering, there was no seemingly important evidence on that driver's license and no, I didn't pause it on the florescent map... yet. But I do know that if you google "LOST + glowing map" - you get nothing to do with the ABC hit series.

Oh, that cereal!! My kingdom for a shot of the actual cereal pieces being shaped like Dharma logos. And we might get to see noodles next! Speaking of... are we ever going to see Desmond again? I mean, besides on 24. And Michael? And Walt? Geez.

OK, so I have to go... I still have House, The Sopranos, Big Love, and Desperate Housewives to watch. And I have to pack. Oh, and I really want to get into this:



I'm especially interested in Stephen King's "Why I'm a TV Fanatic." I confess that his bi-weekly back page column is one of my favorite parts of the new EW. Did anyone else think the Alias promo looked WAY better than expected? I'm actually kind of looking forward to it now.

In sadder TV news... Arrested Development is gone. Showtime put an offer on the table and Hurwitz rejected it. I hope the Bluth's 4 million fans go to L.A. to leave flaming bags of poo on his doorstep. We need to make a banner that says "Hurwitz, you're kidding me!" and make the d's into l's. *snort*

Oh, I'm headed to Austin tomorrow for a Girls' Weekend at the lake. It's Madison's bachelorette weekend and are you ready? I'm not taking my laptop. That's right. No e-mail, no IM, no internet access whatsoever, for more than 48 hours. Um, can I get a patch for that??

Edited to add: Tom sent me the dark light map. You can click on it to enlarge. Here's another view. Thanks Tom, for being a bigger geek than I!! *blows kisses*

10 Comments:

Blogger Brain Diva said...

As much as I will miss AD, I really can't blame Mitch for calling it quits. It would have been hard to keep the level of quality. I prefer 3 excellent seasons than more of lesser quality. Too many shows don't know when to quit.

Plus, he was jerked around so much by FOX that I can see why he's in no rush to get back on the network merry-go-round. I read an article that said he worked 16-hour days, 7 days a week for the last 3 years. I'd want vacations too from that kind of schedule, I think.

March 30, 2006 6:18 PM  
Blogger hello jamie: said...

He also said that if he had made more money then he'd be "happy to sacrifice the fans' need for quality" and for that, I deem him an asshole.

March 30, 2006 6:36 PM  
Blogger krysten said...

you never said when i could START reading again!! DAH!!

*peeking though fingers*

March 30, 2006 7:49 PM  
Blogger Shelly said...

I agree...great episode. And, I really don't have anything to add except...THANK YOU for not linking the movie Fargo -- because it's not even IN Minnesota, which a lot of people don't understand. And, also -- Drop Dead Gorgeous is one of the best movies ever and I could quote the entire thing and it is DEAD on for all things Minnesotan.

The End.

March 30, 2006 10:41 PM  
Anonymous Tom said...

Wow... Lost, Arrested Development, Fargo AND Drop Dead Gorgeous, all in the same comments section.

You have cool friends, Jamie...

March 31, 2006 8:35 AM  
Blogger hello jamie: said...

Don't I?? *beams*

I am rather fond of them, myself.

March 31, 2006 9:24 AM  
Blogger MyUtopia said...

I subscribe to a ridiculous amount of magazines but EW is my absolute favorite. I also really like Steven Kings article at the back. He cracks me up! Lost was sooooo good. Did you notice that the map thing Loche saw gave name to the monster?

March 31, 2006 9:53 AM  
Blogger MyUtopia said...

Which lake?

March 31, 2006 9:54 AM  
Blogger hello jamie: said...

Lake Travis, of course!

March 31, 2006 10:05 AM  
Blogger MyUtopia said...

:) Enjoy, weather is beautiful this weekend.

April 02, 2006 9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home